Monday, July 11, 2011

Great Finds for the Home at Michael's Arts and Crafts

I frequently find myself running into certain stores just to see whats new, and Michael's is one of my favorites. I went in today knowing I am on a "spending freeze" so I couldn't actually take anything home with me, but I still like to add things to my "come back for later" list. [Remember: me = list-maker]. Here's a few of my favorites from my trip today to Michael's in St. Petersburg... I snapped all of these from my iPhone so forgive the photography.


Bring on Fall colors!!!!


I'm embracing the look of fake flowers due to the fact that I do not have a good (read: nice person, fresh flowers, lots of choices) florist nearby.




Simply pick up a few glass globe vases, and change out the flowers each season for an instant update!




These zebra print flowers are awesome! I love me some animal prints, and these may be too much for a vase, but they would be awesome in a wreath. Maybe for Halloween???


Yay for Fall Preview! I'm a lover of ribbon, and glittery pretty things. This is a must-come-back-for item:




Michael's even had a great idea for ribbon posted right there on their endcap display--




Check out these rocking horses...






Now, immediately I thought to paint it (duh), but the creative people here had a better idea. They used scrapbook paper, mod podge, paint, and ribbon to make this rockin' rocking horse--


The $1 aisle, one of my favorites... Here's what was there today...

Now, it may look like cheap junk. But imagine it's not in a yucky aisle, but a pretty basket or gift bag. What do you have? The perfect hostess gift! Pick up a few items to always have on hand for a last minute grab-and-go gift...

Until now, I've only seen this semi-transparent Japanese tape online, but here it is in the $1 aisle at Michaels! My head is spinning with ideas... wrap it in layers on plain paper to make a gift personal...

I'm thinking this might be this year's Christmas wrapping paper... especially with my infatuation with pretty ribbon--

It even comes GLITTERED!!!! YES!

They even had more decorative tape so you don't have to fuss with tying a perfect ribbon! What could be easier??



Have you had success at Michaels or Joann's lately? Any great finds?

No comments:

Post a Comment